- I think our indian summer has finally come to an end. Its 43° F outside. Its been only a little warmer than that all day. I still wore my birkenstock sandals. Funny part was that my feet weren’t cold. The rest of me was!
- What did I do wrong with my child? He’s snotty, talks back, can’t play by himself, is addicted to television (my fault, i’ll own that one), and is having daytime wetting problems. *sigh* the other half of the dynamic parenting duo thinks we aren’t been strict enough with the child. I am of two different opinions – one is getting really freaking pissed off (ha, an unintended pun!) because I can’t keep the kid clothed for an entire week because he pees in his pants. The other is worrying if its a medical problem and I will feel like an ass for getting mad about it.
- Being the 95% caregiver for my son is wearing me out. I wish I had the patience and understanding and desire to just enjoy my son’s company. When he goes over to his father’s house, I don’t miss him. At all. I just feel so relieved and relaxed and I don’t look forward to him coming home.
- I apologized to my stove tonight for almost blowing out the flame. It didn’t answer back, thank God. I felt a little silly about it at the time.
- Hamza and I spent the afternoon with a friend of mine who lives in an assisted living facility. Seeing all these people, who probably had a life somewhere, reduced to living with a roommate in a room the size of my college dorm room feels so sad. It kills me that we can’t find ways to take care of these folks in our own families. I don’t know if I am oversimplifying because I don’t have this situation my too small, barely 2 generational family or if people just are too lazy or too busy to care for their own.