Painters have invaded the sacrosanct offices of Really Large Islamic organization that I work for. 🙂 There are a lot of nice, pious people weaving when they walk and talking with a buzz right now… all because the architect forgot to include windows that OPEN on the second level. Damn Muslim Engineers! 🙂 Just kidding.
Anyway, since I only have about two brain cells left that aren’t floating on a paint fume induced high, here is meme I nabbed from Dictator Princess. She didn’t tag me, but she doesn’t tag anyone, and no one tags me… we’re even.
1. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought?
“Make up does really nice things for your eyes.” 😛 on haters.
2. How much cash do you have on you?
Gee, a question to bring down the evil eye? Nice. Not much on a regular basis. Just enough to get lunch out or a soda.
3. What’s a word that rhymes with “DOOR?”
4. Favorite planet?
5. Who is the 4th person on your missed call list on your cell phone?
My husband calling from home.
6. What is your favorite ring tone on your phone?
Its called Bell 3 and its the loudest, most irritating ringer on the phone. That way, I can hear it when it rings deep in the bottom of a pocket or purse or backpack. Or another room.
7. What shirt are you wearing?
Sweater. Its winter.
8. Do you “label” yourself?
I suppose I do since I’m Muslim.
9. Name the brand of the shoes you’re currently wearing?
AT this very moment? None. Regularly, Birkenstock. I own three pairs of sandals for the summer and a pair of Bostons (that need repair) and fisherman sandals for the winter. Birkenstocks were my solution to foot surgury.
10. Bright or Dark Room?
Bright… I can’t stand feeling like I can’t see stuff.
11. What do you think about the person who took this survey before you?
I think DP is cool as sh… She’s awesome. I wish I knew her in real life. I love how you tell it straight and don’t try to beat around the bush.
12. What does your watch look like?
Rectangular, with an antenna… oh yeah, thats my cell phone too.
13. What were you doing at midnight last night?
5. Where is your nearest 7-11?
About 5 miles from here… but when was the last time I was IN a 7-11… its been a LONG time.
16. What’s a word that you say a lot?
Dude. Whatever. Dude, I am surprised my son doesn’t say it yet at the end of every sentence. Dude.
17. Who told you he/she loved you last?
18. Last furry thing you touched?
19. How many drugs have you done in the last three days?
I think I had some tylenol. I was at a smoky house for Thanksgiving… it got to me… that and raking half the yard.
20. How many rolls of film do you need developed?
Rolls? Of film? What are those again?
21. Favorite age you have been so far?
27 was good… I had my son at 27. I didn’t feel old yet.
22. Your worst enemy?
The housekeeper at work. Sad, isn’t it?
23. What is your current desktop picture?
A moon of the desert from the Windows desktop collection.
24. What was the last thing you said to someone?
25. If you had to choose between a million bucks or to be able to fly what would it be?
I want to fly. People might pay me a million bucks to watch the amazing human bird. But seriously, flying would be the absolute, most incredible thing.
26. Do you like someone?
Lots of people.
27. The last song you listened to?
I don’t remember… it was in the car on the way home from Thanksgiving.
28. What time of day were you born?
29. What’s your favorite number?
Don’t have one.
30. Where did you live in 1987?
31. Are you jealous of anyone?
I have been jealous before of people’s stuff, but until just recently, I’ve never been jealous in the way that is haram, where you wish you had the blessings that other people had instead of them having it. I was quite shocked that I felt the way I did. I just have to remember there is a reason they have what they do and I don’t. Rizq.
32. Is anyone jealous of you?
I doubt it.
33. Where were you when 9/11 happened?
At work. It was just three or four months after I became Muslim.
34. What do you do when vending machines steal your money?
Complain to the owner.
35. Do you consider yourself kind?
Not really. Sometimes I am, but I think my bitchiness overwhelms the kind stuff.
36. If you had to get a tattoo, where would it be?
I am such a nerd… I always want the animal spot tatoos that ran up the neck of that chick in ST:DS9.
37. If you could be fluent in any other language, what would it be?
Should I really be picky? If I could have any one language, it would make acquiring a third that much easier, I think. Right now, I wish I spoke Moroccan Arabic or Francais.
38. Would you move for the person you loved?
It hasn’t happened yet. I really am an introvert unless I can unwind, which requires me to have a comfort zone. I moved once after college and that ended really badly… I didn’t make it a year there and I was terribly lonely and hated it. I refused to move to Chicago when Hubster and I married… so far, although he hates Indy, he likes some things about it a lot more than Chitown.
39. Are you touchy feely?
Yeah. Icebreaker. Drives hubster nuts when he’s in the “I’m not talking to you” mode.
40. What’s your life motto?
That would be assuming I had my life more together than it is. I suppose it would be “bite me”. I generally do what I want.
41. Name three things that you have on you at all times?
Minty gum, a book and ID.
42. What’s your favourite town/city?
Washington, DC. There is always something to do or see that requires very little cash. And you don’t need to look for parking.
43. What was the last thing you paid for with cash?
I was at Target tonight and paid for Zithromax with cash. Stocking up for the Maroc trip.
44. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper and mailed it?
If you include work, it was recently. But for myself… dear god, I don’t remember. I think it might have been a birthday card for my auntie from Hamza (written mostly by moi)
45. Can you change the oil on a car?
No. I only know where to put it in.
46. Your first love: what is the last thing you heard about him/her?
Oddly enough, he’s in the military and serving a second tour in Iraq. Hrmph.
47. How far back do you know about your ancestry?
Late 1800s, I think. Maybe further back on my maternal side.
48. The last time you dressed fancy, what did you wear and why did you dress fancy?
Eid. But I don’t remember what I wore. How weird. I remember that I got carpet lint all over it. Hrmph.
49. Does anything hurt on your body right now?
My head hurt until about 30 minutes ago from the paint fumes I was huffing without a choice for eight hours today… otherwise, my tailbone still aches from when I fell on the stairs three months ago.
50. Have you been burned by love?
No, I think I burned other people with love. And I feel bad about it… and really unresolved.
Read Full Post »