The 22 Questions …
I wasn’t going to do this, but lists of questions just beg to be answered.
1. Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18, find line 4. Write down what it says:
“The boat sailed along until we came to a town called Salehiyya, which is very fertile.” – Naser-e-Khosraw’s narrative of his journey for Hajj, from 1000 Roads to Mecca, edited by Michael Wolfe
2. Stretch your left arm out as far as you can. What do you touch first?
My styrofoam cup of soda. Mmmm.
3. What is the last thing you watched on TV?
About half of the movie Windtalkers last night (I suppose that was on DVD). I watched an infomercial this morning for the Magic Bullet mixer.
4. WITHOUT LOOKING, guess what the time is.10:30
5. Now look at the clock, what is the actual time?
6. With the exception of the computer, what can you hear?
People laughing about six cubes away. Its actually very quiet in here for once. Good sleeping sounds.
7. When did you last step outside? what were you doing?
845 am, this morning. I was walking from my car to the building.
8. Before you came to this website, what did you look at?Yahoo! Groups.
9. What are you wearing?
Blue jilbab, grey scarf. And to make it a happy day, cotton capri pants and a tank top. (I look nice on the outside, comfy on the inside! Who else but mujelbabatun get to wear tank tops year round??)
10. Did you dream last night?
Yes. Can I remember it on command? No. It will probably drift across my consciousness sometime today.
11. When did you last laugh?
Earlier when I was reading an article about how French Sikhs can wear their turbans because it is a cultural dress, versus a religious one. The funny part was a paragraph that used the world clarify or its cousins four times in two sentences… I know, vague, but read it and you will see what I mean.
12. What is on the walls of the room you are in?
I have a state highway map on wall of my cube and a wildflower poster on the other wall, along with various other maps and phone number lists. All in-house publications.
13. Seen anything weird lately?
14. Last movie you saw?
I was watching Windtalkers last night. Haven’t been to the movies since I was on maternity leave… the last one in the theatre was Last Samurai.
15. If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy first?
A house. With cash.
16. Tell me something about you that I don’t know.I like to sew and embroider.
17. If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt or politics, what would you do?
I would find a way to make the Third World self sufficient so it doesn’t need to suck up goods, services and culture from the First World cultures that are propping them up. So many beautiful cultures, languages, and people are turning into little clones of the West. How boring.
18. Do you like to dance?
Sure do. And now, I have an appreciative audience: the baby!
19. George Bush: is he a power-crazy nutcase or someone who is finally doing something that has needed to be done for years?
He’s a nutcase.
20. Imagine your first child is a girl, what do you call her?
I really want to have a good Gaelic/Celtic name for her. I think they are very beautiful.
21. [Same question for a boy]
22. Would you ever consider living abroad?
Yes. I would love to be able to travel and know I would find a way to live anywhere I went.
Read Full Post »